In our computerized world, there are a lot of horror stories out in our world when it comes to retrieving this data. In lots of situations, when there is lost data because of hard drive issues, it is almost critical to not run the drive.
Are there many people using software to recover data?
Many people who have used software to recover the data and because it can be a long process with the program, more damage can occur. In order to prevent this, here are some steps on how to perform a windows data recovery.
What are the 7 steps? They are:
1) Shut down the computer, and then find another computer that is running Windows 2000 or XP. Then download your computer recovery software onto the second computer, and go back to the computer you were on and remove the hard drive from it. But before that it is a good idea to make an image of your whole drive with a disk imaging software. Do these before you decide to start work on the drive.
There are chances your drive may not ever work on your computer again. The procedure that you are about to learn will help prevent you leaving being important data without knowing it. Inadequate software can be the cause of what is called -feather-damage to your drive. Then after that take the hard drive and install it on the second computer as a data drive.
2) Laptop computer hard drive can be connected to your desktop computer with an adapter. If you want to have cheap data recovery because your recovery software doesn’t work with USB, but you are capable of using IDE, you only need a 44 to 40 pin IDE adapter.
These is just affordable, it only cost you around ten to twenty dollars. It’s available at most leading stores that carry supplies for computers. Make it sure that your windows program does not use the -check disk- utility to repair the drive.
3) Use the data recovery program to run your windows data recovery on the second computer you are using. Immediately shut down your computer if you are only using one computer. With the second step of your windows data recovery, you are still going to remove the hard drive of this computer.
4) And then install a new drive, reinstall windows and use your recovery software on it, just take safety precautions, because many people used software to recover data but because, it takes you time to process the program, more damage can occur, just be careful with this.
When the drive becomes more damaged, it can make the recovery process almost impossible. The recovery software does serve its purposes when you can afford to bring your drive to a professional recovery service.
5) Then use your recovery software to recover the data to your new hard drive. But Make it sure that the windows -check disk- utility program does not try to repair the drive when it is booted.
6) Make sure that you recover your data completely, If you want your windows data recovery run smoothly as possible, make it sure that you protect your file.
7) In order to protect your file, once you have installed and downloaded the recovery program onto your computer, you can use it to search for files that you can’t find and recover them to another drive that is on your computer.
What are the items you need?
USB external drive, memory stick, and network-shared folder these are some items that you can use to store your files.
In conclusion, performing a windows data recovery is simple and easy to do provided you know how to do it. I believe with the right tools and practice you can perform any kind of windows data recovery with a breeze.
Therefore, Eddy has started a information guide on how to help any level of computer users to manage their data recovery process with ease and also recommend some tips and techniques in data recovery.
Eddy Kong is the webmaster of a website called, Data Recovery Guide. This guide will be able to help more computer users to find alternative solutions to their data recovery methods so as to start the recovering process. Drop by at his site now.